[Paraview] [Paraview-developers] Point Sprite Representation

Christian Richter christian.richter at ovgu.de
Fri Nov 23 02:54:43 EST 2012

Hi Seb,

I have had the same problem and found out that the radius transfer
function will no longer fetch the min/max value of the given scalar array.
So you have to set it manually:
Radius Mode: Scalar
Radius Array: your ScalarArray
RadiusTransferFunction Enabled [x]
Radius Use Scalar Range: {r_min} {r_max} (you can get this from the
information tab)

see screenshot for my settings.

@Developers: would it be possible that the PointSpriteFilter get the
extends from the array like in Version 3.14 ?

I've found another bug:
if the first step of a time-series does not contain any point-data, the
drop down boxes remain empty even if the second timestep provides data
for radius, in past versions the PointSprite filter recognized the
arrays for every following file.

Greez,
Christian