[Paraview] Fwd: Particle tracer

Dan Lipsa dan.r.lipsa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 05:43:20 EST 2012

Leo,
Thanks for the suggestion with the calculator filter. I was able to use it
to increase the velocity and see the particles moving as they should
(ParticleTracer).
Just a small note here, I see an warning when I use the First Frame (0)
button. The warning does not seem to have any ill effects however.

Warning: In
/home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Filters/FlowPaths/vtkParticleTracerBase.cxx,
line 1372

vtkPParticleTracer (0x6a93c50): Can't go backward

I still had no luck with the ParticlePath filter. I follow the same steps
as for the ParticleTracer but the Information box shows me 'Number of
Cells': 0 and 'Number of Points': 7 and no points or traces are displayed.
Do you have any suggestions on what might be wrong with the ParticlePath
filter.

For the StreakLine filter the number of cells is 7 and number of points is
7 which seems correct. However no tracing of streaklines happens either.
Paraview goes very fast through the time steps when I press the Play button
(the same as for the ParticlePath filter). Do you have any suggestions for
the StreakLine filter?

Dan