[Paraview] Setting the colour/scale palete used for glyphs

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Tue Nov 20 00:09:35 EST 2012

Hi Kit,

> ... I would like to ensure that field is coloured (by default) using a specific colour palette. More specifically I want to it to use 2 discrete colours, rather than the rainbow scale. Is this possible?

You can set the number of colors in the lookup table by
+ clicking on the color scale editor button in the toolbar,
+ ensuring that the "Use Discrete Colors" checkbox is ON, and
+ changing the "Resolution" slider to 2.

As long as the field values are uniformly spaced, you can handle more than 2 colors by changing the resolution appropriately (but note that you may wish to use the "Rescale Range" button to keep color band edges from falling on special values).

	David