[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: Plot probe value over time

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Nov 14 08:08:19 EST 2012

I tested pv 3.14 on windows and it worked for me.

Try using the spreadsheet view to make sure that:
1) your probe is placed inside the data set and thus outputting something.
2) you have selected the probe's output point

I suspect 2 is the problem. When I went to select the probe's output
before applying the plot over time filter, I turned visibility of the
can data off to make sure I selected it.

In the spreadsheet view you should see the point become highlighted
when you select it in the 3D view, and if you select it directly in
the spreadsheet view you should likewise see it highlighted in the 3D
view.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer