[Paraview] Undefined symbols when building an example reader plugin

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Wed Nov 7 21:19:36 EST 2012

Hi,

With today's git-master, building ParaView/Examples/Plugins/Reader on
OS X 10.6.8, CMake 2.8.10, Qt 4.8.3 fails in the final linking stage
stating:

Undefined symbols:
  "vtkRenderingMatplotlib_AutoInit_Construct()", referenced from:
      __static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)in MyPNGReader_Plugin.o
      __static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)in moc_MyPNGReader_Plugin.o
  "vtkRenderingMatplotlib_AutoInit_Destruct()", referenced from:
      ___tcf_7 in MyPNGReader_Plugin.o
      ___tcf_5 in moc_MyPNGReader_Plugin.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libMyPNGReader.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/MyPNGReader.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

which is what I also have with my reader plugin. I know there is an
easy workaround of adding vtkRenderingMatplotlib as one of
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES but is this what I have to do?

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN