[Paraview] big black dot highlighting current time in PlotSelectionOverTime?

Fred Nugen noojon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 10:51:39 EST 2012

Recasting my question: How do I display the current time in a
parametric plot where time is not the x-axis?

Long version:

Samuel, thanks for the reply, but your solution is not the one I am
looking for.  Your plot uses time as the x-axis, and velocity as the
y-axis.  You are plotting
  y(x) = velocity .

Your plot shows the current time by a vertical green line at time t=x.
(See attached image XY-plot-with-time-as-X.png.)

I would like to plot

  y(t) = stress
  x(t) = strain

and show the current time by a dot at (x(t),y(t)). (See attached image
XY-plot-with-current-time-marked.jpg.)

I suppose my dot should be green because it's the equivalent of the
vertical green line that Paraview automatically displays on plots with
timestep as the x-axis.

Does that make sense?

Steps to recreate my image:

- Load a mesh with at least two variables for each node.
- Select one or more nodes.
- Click PlotSelectionOverTime
- Select the new plot and filter.
+ Note that the current time is marked by a vertical green line.
- Under the Display tab, under "X Axis Data",
- click "Use Data Array".
- in the dropdown to the right, select your second variable.
+ Note that the current time is not marked.

- Fred