[Paraview] how to select data for Plot Variables over Time?

Celia Bremer fuwsle at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 14:02:49 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to calculate volumes that I'm generating, how they change over time. To get the volume, I do Polydata -> Gaussian Resampling -> IsoVolume -> Integrate Variables, Cell Data, and the results are pretty good. I want to get this data for every timestep, e.g. in a table that I can export and analyze externally. I tried applying Plot Global Variables Over Time when Integrate Variables is selected, but the resulting dataset has 0 for vtkValidPointMask at every timestep. I tried selecting Integrate Variables in these ways:

- Integrate Variables filter in the pipeline browser
- In Spreadsheet View, going to Integrate Variables -> Cell Data and clicking on the row with the volume info (which is the only row)
- In 3D view, visualizing integrate variables (it's a point) and doing Select Points On or Select Points through, per this post: http://www.mail-archive.com/paraview@paraview.org/msg05757.html (where it apparently worked)

Any advice?

Celia