[Paraview] Group scalars into a vector

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Thu Nov 1 16:44:03 EDT 2012

Hi Nick,

You can use the Calculator to create a vector field from your three
scalar fields.

Say your three scalar fields are named X_VELOCITY, Y_VELOCITY, and
Z_VELOCITY. Then in the main text field just above the various
functions/operators, you should enter

(iHat*X_VELOCITY) + (jHat*Y_VELOCITY) + (kHat*Z_VELOCITY)

You can name the output field in the "Result Array Name" text field.

Best,
Cory

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Nick Szapiro <nickszap at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Using a reader I would prefer not to edit, x,y,z velocities at vertices are
> read as 3 scalars.
> How can I group them or create another variable that is the vector
> representation of these three?
> I would like to create glyphs of the velocity field at the vertices.
>
> I would appreciate any help.
> Thanks,
> Nick

Cory Quammen