[Paraview] Problem with particle cloud rendering

Mohamad M. Nasr-Azadani mmnasr at gmail.com
Thu May 31 05:41:39 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to load vktPolydata file (time series) which shows point
particles.
When I try to change the camera View Angle from the default value (30.0')
to 0.0, ParaView messes the colors of those point particles and cannot
exactly define the order of the objects in the camera view rendering
process.

To be more specific, I first load the vtkpolydata to show the particles.
Then, I load another vtk file to represent a solid surface.
Logically, without any opacity, the solid surface should block view where
particles are covered. This is happeneing correctly in the defauly camera
view angle, 30.0
(see attached, good.png)
When I change the camera angle view to 0, this is what I get.
(see attached, bad.png)

I have tried this on 3.14.1 on both Ubuntu and Windows (64bit).
Can someone verify if this could be a bug?

Thanks,
Mohamad