[Paraview] How to gegt back a cell selection?

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Thu May 31 05:00:22 EDT 2012

I have a "large" dataset, actually about 150k cells - it is large if you have to browse all cell ids of the IntegrateVariables table.
I want to select a cell in the 3D view and get back the cell id to use it as a seed cell for a near-by-near propagation algorithm.
First solution: I select it and look in the IntegrateVariable table display the cell id: the problem here is I have to browse hundreds of pages to find the selected cell and indeed the cell seems to be highlighted only if it lies in the current page displayed, so anyway it is not satisfying for large dataset.
Second solution: would it be possible to extract the cell id directly, ie to have it displayed so as to be able to copy it into the parameter of the next class?
Third - ideal - solution: to have the selected cell if copied directly into the parameter value of the next class.
Any suggestion?