[Paraview] comparison of two dataset (same mesh ) but not in the same order

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue May 29 09:50:34 EDT 2012

I would go so far as to say that there probably is no easy way to find consistent ordering of topology. In fact, I suspect that this is an NP-hard problem. (General graph isomorphism certainly is.)

I would first pursue other resampling methods. You could apply the cell centers filter to the grid with cell data. That gives you a cloud of points at the center of each cell. The distinction between cell and point data is now in name only. Then, resample the point data grid with the cell centers. That will give you the point data interpolated to the cell centers.

-Ken

Sent from my iPad so blame autocorrect.