[Paraview] comparison of two dataset (same mesh ) but not in the same order

Felipe Bordeu felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
Tue May 29 05:15:43 EDT 2012

Hi,

One of my student is validating his code, and we want to compare the
results (point data, cell data).
We have two result: one from a commercial code, and the other from our code.

The dicretisation are the same: same number of node, same number of
element. But the order of the node and element in the files are not the
same, so we cant use append attributes.

For for the point data we use re-sample with dataset. But the problem is
than the celldata is automatically converted to point data (I know there
is no definition of  re-sample with dataset with cells in the source).

So my question is "Is there an easy way of sorting the point and cells
so they have the same order for the two datasets so I can use append
attributes?"

A sort of "clean to grid" that also apply a unique order to the point
and cells.

Thanks,

--

Felipe Bordeu Weldt