[Paraview] CUDA module in ParaView

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu May 24 15:04:42 EDT 2012

Hey John,

I've been working with LANL to get their PISTON library integrated
into VTK and ParaView. It will be making its way into master over the
next few weeks. Our work involves both GPGPU (data manipulation only)
filters and a new direct from thrust to GL (glInterop) mapper.

Getting vtk/paraview to use cuda wasn't too hard, just use CMake's
FindCUDA module to get a hold of nvcc and then run that on the .cu
files to get object files/symbols you can use from your VTK classes.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive