[Paraview] glyph filter - added keeprandompoints

Patrick Shinpaugh shpatric at vt.edu
Wed May 23 14:02:28 EDT 2012

Hi,
We added some functionality we were hoping you could add to the Paraview
source for next release. It adds a "Keep Random Points" checkbox to the
glyph filter such that if both "Mask Points" and "Random Mode" are
checked, it will maintain the same random points across all timesteps
rather than the default method of choosing a new set of random points
for each timestep. It is only useful if the same points are referenced
in the same order for each timestep. It should work cross platform.

You can see a comparison of current random and mask points

https://snoid.sv.vt.edu/~shpatric/100mb-random.avi

and random and mask points with keep random points

https://snoid.sv.vt.edu/~shpatric/100mb-random-kept.avi

A patch is attached.

Thanks,
Pat