[Paraview] VTK legacy file format supported?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue May 22 09:31:50 EDT 2012

Try opening one that actually has a mesh, like office.binary.vtk. That one
is a bad example for ParaView in that it doesn't have any mesh associated
with it, just bunch of arrays. We could make ParaView support that file
pretty easily but it has never been a priority. Overall, support for the
legacy VTK format is there and we don't plan on dropping it ever.