[Paraview] Passing on display properties to the bottom of the pipeline

Mohamad M. Nasr-Azadani mmnasr at gmail.com
Sun May 20 02:54:54 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

A simple question.
Is there anyway for the objects in the pipeline to inherit display
properties from their parents (sources)?
To be more clear, I will say this example.
I have my velocity field, then I apply a Calculator filter to the dataset.
Then, I would add a StreamTrace. Then, I would add a Glyph filter and so on
and so forth.

Now, if I the original dataset (Velocity field which is the parent in the
pipeline) is rotated, PV does not pass on the rotations (display
information) to the subsequent filters and I have to manually enter the
orientation information for each created filter again.

Is there anyway around this?
Thanks,
Mohamad