[Paraview] Export X3D Files via Python >version 3.8

shpatric at vt.edu shpatric at vt.edu
Wed May 9 15:28:25 EDT 2012

Hi,
I too have this issue. I did find that View and Write attributes of
X3DExporter were removed from the
ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Resources/utilities.xml but removing
View does work but does not write the file.

The updated python script looks like:

from paraview.simple import *
exporters=servermanager.createModule("exporters")
source=Cone()
view = GetActiveView()
Show(view)
render=Render()
x3dExporter=exporters.X3DExporter(FileName="foo.x3d")
x3dExporter.Write()

If source, view, or render are added to the x3dexporter constructor such as

x3dExporter=exporters.X3DExporter(source,FileName="foo.x3d")

I get recursive errors:
Exception exceptions.RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth exceeded'
in <bound method X3DExporter.__del__ of
<paraview.servermanager.X3DExporter object at 0x2b8e69567f10>> ignored

Hopefully this bug is fixed soon or someone with knowledge can provide
the correct way to use it.

Thanks,
Pat