[Paraview] VisIt Plugin Bridge

Philip Blakely pmblakely at gmail.com
Fri May 4 09:15:29 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to compile a VisIt plugin for ParaView using the VIsIt
Bridge Plugin.
(Version 3.14.1 of ParaView, compiled from source, with the VisIt
Bridge enabled)

My custom (working with VisIt 2.4.2) VisIt plugin is in the relative
directory ../cnsVisIt and there are some extra include files needed
which are in ../ and ../coreSystem/include
I am building the ParaView plugin in a separate directory from the
VisIt one to avoid clashes.

My CMakeLists.txt is as follows:

PROJECT(CNSVisIt)

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

FIND_PACKAGE(ParaView REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${PARAVIEW_USE_FILE})
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(../cnsVisIt ../ ../coreSystem/include)

SET(SOURCES
 ../cnsVisIt/avtcnsVisItFileFormat.C
 )

ADD_DEFINITIONS("-DUSE_EXPRESSION_TEMPLATES")

ADD_VISIT_PLUGIN_READER(cnsVisItReader "1.0"
  VISIT_READER_NAME "avtcnsVisItFileFormat"
  VISIT_READER_TYPE "STMD"
  VISIT_READER_FILE_PATTERN "hdf"
  SERVER_SOURCES ${SOURCES}
  )

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(CNSVisIt vtkVisItAVTAlgorithms)
---------EOF----------------

However, when I run "cmake ." I get:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:22 (TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES):
  Cannot specify link libraries for target "CNSVisIt" which is not built by
  this project.

If I replace TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES by LINK_LIBRARIES then cmake works,
and then running make results in a file libcnsVisItReader.so but this
does not contain the symbols _ZN21avtcnsVisItFileFormatC1EPKc or
_ZTI21avtcnsVisItFileFormat. As far as I can tell, the file
avtcnsVisItFileFormat.C is not being compiled and linked at all, which
would explain why these symbols are missing.

The include files and ../cnsVisIt/avtcnsFileFormat.h files are
definitely being picked up since I get some compiler warnings from
them (due to a redefinition of VERSION which is nothing to do with
VisIt or ParaView).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Philip