[Paraview] build error with boost and additional questions

joseph insley insley at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 27 12:37:05 EDT 2012

Hey, Amit,

FWIW, I know that in the past (pv3.10 and pv3.12) I have run into issues when client/server plugins don't match.  This was a problem when using a binary distribution of the client, which included many (all?) of the reader plugins, against a pvserver that I built which did not include the same reader plugins.
Specifically, it failed if I tried to open a file for which there was not a default choice of reader.  If I understand correctly, the client would go down the list of readers that it knew about, and tell the server to try it.  But if the server did not know about that reader, it would case ParaView to fail.

I believe this has been addressed in PV3.14, but I have not had a chance to confirm.

joe.