[Paraview] Ply visualization

Fabrizio Barcaroli saporeatutteleore at hotmail.it
Tue Mar 20 08:01:18 EDT 2012

Anyone can help me?

From: saporeatutteleore at hotmail.it
To: paraview at paraview.org
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:06:03 +0000
Subject: [Paraview] Ply visualization

Dear all,
I'd like visualize fields associated to my mesh nodes, stored in a .PLY file. Each field is a float property of vertices, but, as far as I can see, ParaView doesn't see them.
For example, in this ply I added a fourth 'temperature' field, but I can't find it in the User Interface. Is there a way to see this field (and additional ones) without dropping the ply format?
Thank you,
Fabrizio

plyformat ascii 1.0element vertex 6property float xproperty float yproperty float zproperty float telement face 2property list uchar float vertex_indexend_header0 0 0 01 0 0 11 1 0 10 1 0 0.52 0 0 22 1 0 1.54 0 1 2 34 1 4 5 2