[Paraview] streaming data to Paraview

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Sat Mar 17 15:53:54 EDT 2012

Hi Bruce,

What type of data are you sending?  How are you currently transmitting it?
Are to collecting the data to a single node and transmitting it, or do send
pieces from many nodes?  Are you familiar with using pvserver with mpi, or
do you use paraview gui standalone?  If you're prepared to compile and link
ParaView (basically VTK plus python, no GUI components) with your code that
runs on the supercomputer, then the ParaView coprocessor with the
live-visualization configuration might be a good fit.  Here's a demo
video-  http://patmarion.com/pv/live-vis.mp4

Pat