[Paraview] Problem when compiling Paraview 3.12 on Visual Studio 2010.

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Mar 16 11:53:47 EDT 2012

Better yet, can you try the attached patches please? What I've done is
removed the dependency of protoc.exe on these unnecessary extra
libraries making it possible to avoid such traps.

Patch the files as follows (from ParaView Source Tree):

# discard any changes from previous patches
> git checkout -f

> git apply paraview.patch

> cd Utilities/protobuf
> git apply protobuf.patch

Hopefully, this should solve the issue. If all works, I'll push this
to git and we can have these changes in the next release of ParaView.
Thanks a lot for helping track this one down.

Utkarsh