[Paraview] Problem when compiling Paraview 3.12 on Visual Studio 2010.

Francisco Caraballo francisco.caraballo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 10:14:08 EDT 2012

I get the following error when compiling Paraview 3.12 on Visual
Studio Express 2010.
<< fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'vtkPVMessage.pb.h':
No such file or directory >>

Following other messages on this mailing-list I gathered that this has
something to do with Protobuf (whatever that is). So I checked the
messages related to protobuf and found this message:
4>------ Build started: Project: protobuf_code_generation,
Configuration: Release Win32 ------
4>  Generating vtkPVMessage.pb.h, vtkPVMessage.pb.cc

So in theory the file should exist, but it doesnt.

Can anyone help me out with this? Is this a Paraview problem, or a
Cmake problem, or a VS Express 2010 problem?
I'm compiling without MPI support (because that generates a whole
other bunch of problems) could that have something to do with my
problem?

Saludos/greetings,

Francisco Caraballo