[Paraview] Question on file series...

Charles Boivin charles.boivin at mayahtt.com
Thu Mar 15 09:44:43 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I have a time series of Unstructured XML files that I display in Paraview. It works fine. Each .vtu file contains geometry and data.

During my time series, the geometry (i.e. the mesh) does not change at all. It is possible to somehow only specify the changing data in subsequent files rather than also including the geometry? I realize that such files would not be readable on their own, so maybe it's a reason not to do it. But still, it would save a lot of I/O time and disk space as well if it were possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Charles Boivin