[Paraview] 3D Monitor Hardware

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Wed Mar 14 10:24:53 EDT 2012

Owen,

We have two Windows 7-based systems and a linux-based system running
ParaView in stereo. Someone in our lab posted detailed instructions
for getting a Windows 7-based system set up for stereo can be found
here:

http://cismm.cs.unc.edu/core-projects/visualization-and-analysis/setting-up-a-simple-stereo-system/

The instructions are for getting another program to run in stereo, but
they apply equally as well to ParaView (we have used ParaView in
stereo mode).

Hope that helps,
Cory

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Biddiscombe, John A. <biddisco at cscs.ch> wrote:
> I’ve used a Zalmon 3D screen where alternate lines are left/right. The main
> drawback being half the resolution in 3D mode and GUI looks awful. Passive
> glasses are a plus. (same as the cheap ones you get at the cinema). The
> pixel scan lines are polarized on the screen.
>

> Also an Acer 3D monitor which uses left right alternate frames (need high
> refresh rate). Much better, but make sure you have the sync stuff to trigger
> the eye glasses to switch left/right. I prefer the active ones for quality,
> but if you don’t use it often the interlaced is not so bad.
>

> JB

Cory Quammen
Research Associate
Department of Computer Science