[Paraview] VRPN Problem

Christian Wohlschlager Christian.Wohlschlager at jku.at
Fri Mar 9 02:01:18 EST 2012

** Reply Requested When Convenient **

Thank you Nikhil !

Sorry this --vrpn thing was not in your homepage it comes on

http://wiki.iq-station.com/index.php?title=ImmersiveParaView

I shouldnt trust eh even it has a WIKI in its name.

In the new vrpn thing there are some new issues i dont know:

this is part of a .pvsm file which should be loaded before usage:

<!-->
              VRPN  Connections
 </!-->
<VRConnectionManager>
      <VRPNConnection name="cspad" address="curvedscreen at virtu">
      <Button id="1" name="1"/>
      <Button id="2" name="2"/>
      <Button id="3" name="3"/>
      <Tracker id="1" name="head"/>
      <Tracker id="2" name="wand"/>
    </VRPNConnection>
 </VRConnectionManager>
 <!-->
        Interactor Style
 </!-->
  <VRInteractorStyles>
    <Style class="vtkVRStyleTracking"
set_property="RenderView1.HeadPose">
      <Tracker name="cspad.head"/>
    </Style>
    <Style class="vtkVRStyleGrabNUpdateMatrix"
set_property="RenderView1.WandPose">
      <Tracker name="cspad.wand"/>
      <Button name="cspad.1"/>
      <MatrixProperty name="RenderView1.WandPose"/>
    </Style>
    <Style class="vtkVRStyleGrabNTranslateSliceOrigin"
origin="CutFunction.Origin">
      <Button name="cspad.2"/>
      <Tracker name="cspad.wand"/>
    </Style>
    <Style class="vtkVRStyleGrabNRotateSliceNormal"
normal="CutFunction.Normal">
      <Button name="cspad.3"/>
      <Tracker name="cspad.wand"/>
    </Style>
  </VRInteractorStyles>
 </!-->

the thing is i dont know what i should fill in for

<Style class="vtkVRStyleTracking" set_property="RenderView1.HeadPose">

RenderView1.HeadPose
or
<Style class="vtkVRStyleGrabNTranslateSliceOrigin"
origin="CutFunction.Origin">
CutFunktion.Origin

thank you for your help

christian

Christian Wohlschlager
JKU Universität Linz
Altenbergerstr.69
4040 Linz
Austria

>>> Nikhil Shetty <nikhil.shetty at kitware.com> 3/8/2012 2:24 PM >>>
Hi Christian,

Here is the latest documentation for Paraview in CAVE

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/CAVE_Display

The --vrpn option was replaced with a different mechanism (see
document). Can you send me a reference to the page where you found the
info so that can be updated.

-Nikhil

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 3:10 AM, Christian Wohlschlager