[Paraview] New to .vtk files and paraview

CORRADO SORGENTONE corrado.sorgentone01 at universitadipavia.it
Thu Mar 8 10:17:25 EST 2012

Hi all, i am a graduate student in mathematicst and im doing a thesis to
solve PDE for u:R^3--->R (the total space is 4-D).

Later my programs i want to plot my solution.... i have a uniform grid on
[0,1]^3 and the approximated value of u on (x_i,y_j,z_k).

I have 2 way to plot a 4-D functions:
1) curve of level u(x,y,z)=cost(t)... with t € R
2) u(x0,y,z) or u(x,y0,z) or u(x,y,z0) with different x0, y0, z0.

However... i want try to use Paraview, that i read need .vtk files.
Can i have a .vtk file plotting a function u:R^2--->R, to see the structure
of that file?
(i read something... but the file explain better)

Someone have suggestions to do the plotting 4-d?