[Paraview] Linking error on MacOS X Lion

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Mar 8 08:55:26 EST 2012

It's likely that turning on VTK_USE_BOOST brings in code (like the Enzo and
Flash readers) that need features from hdf5 that we don't compile.

This is likely a bug. Can you help us resolve it by:

1) Were there any hdf5 related compilation errors or warnings for you?
2) What is your setting of VTK_USE_SYSTEM_HDF5?
3) Try recompiling with VTK_USE_BOOST off.
4) Try turning VTK_USE_SYSTEM_HDF5 on and point it to a recent HDF5.

5) File a bug report.

thanks,

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.