[Paraview] plugin signature mismatch

Matei Stroila matei.stroila at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 10:38:10 EST 2012

I compiled a plugin with MS Visual Studio 2008, using the 3.14 release
Paraview code. When I try to load the plugin in the distribution 3.14
(the one installed with the installer), I get this signature error:

"ERROR: In ..\..\..\..\src\ParaViewCore\ClientServerCore\vtkPVPluginLoader.cxx,
line 342
vtkPVPluginLoader (0A393048): Mismatch in versions:
ParaView Signature: paraviewplugin|MSVC|3.14
Plugin Signature: paraviewplugin||3.14"

I do not understand why the plugin signature does not have "MSVC" in
its string. I use the latest CMake executable.

Thanks for help,
Matei