[Paraview] Is it possible to change the font size of the legend of an XY chart?

Deij, Menno M.Deij at marin.nl
Tue Mar 6 07:23:20 EST 2012

Dear all,

I've been searching for a way to change the font size of the legend in an XY-chart. In the ParaView GUI you can't do this, but I was hoping that maybe from Python you can.

The XYChartView has the following properties:

AxisBehavior
AxisColor
AxisGridColor
AxisLabelColor
AxisLabelFont
AxisLabelNotation
AxisLabelPrecision
AxisLabelsBottom
AxisLabelsLeft
AxisLabelsRight
AxisLabelsTop
AxisLogScale
AxisRange
AxisTitle
AxisTitleColor
AxisTitleFont
CacheKey
ChartTitle
ChartTitleAlignment
ChartTitleColor
ChartTitleFont
ChartType
Representations
ShowAxis
ShowAxisGrid
ShowAxisLabels
ShowLegend  <--- use this to switch the legend on/off
UseCache
ViewPosition
ViewSize
ViewTime

I've looked at the properties of the XYChartRepresentation object in Python:

AttributeType
ChartType
CompositeDataSetIndex
ForceUseCache
ForcedCacheKey
Input
InternalInput1
SeriesNamesInfo
UseIndexForXAxis
Visibility
XArrayName
SeriesColor
SeriesColorInfo
SeriesLabel <--- this is the legend string
SeriesLabelInfo
SeriesLineStyle
SeriesLineStyleInfo
SeriesLineThickness
SeriesLineThicknessInfo
SeriesMarkerStyle
SeriesMarkerStyleInfo
SeriesPlotCorner
SeriesPlotCornerInfo
SeriesVisibility
SeriesVisibilityInfo

As you can see, there's no property on these two objects to change the SeriesLabelFont. Any clue how to change the font size of the legend of an XY chart?

Thanks and best wishes,

Menno Deij

dr. ir. Menno A. Deij
Software Engineer
Maritime Simulation Group
E mailto:M.Deij at marin.nl
T +31 317 49 35 06

MARIN
2, Haagsteeg, P.O. Box 28, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
T +31 317 49 39 11, F , I www.marin.nl