[Paraview] I: 3D point cloud with color

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 19:27:15 EST 2012

Hi David,
    Interesting, I just checked this out using ParaView and you are correct
if a transform filter is applied. However in the display tab of ParaView if
you transform there then the colouring is unaffected. Never noticed this
because we have been just transforming using the transform in the display
tab of ParaView.

I agree with you is will be safer to  prefer
p->GetPointData()->SetScalars(rgb);

Thanks

Andrew

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 4:43 AM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> I may have missed something in the discussion, but you typically do
> not want to set colors via SetVectors as you mentioned (
> p->GetPointData()->SetVectors(rgb); )
>
> My understanding is that whatever is set with SetVectors will be
> transformed when the data set is transformed. I.e. if you rotate the
> data set, the colors will change (not typically what you'd want).
>
> I think you should prefer
> p->GetPointData()->SetScalars(rgb);
>
> David

Andrew J. P. Maclean