[Paraview] ParaView Scripting

Stefano Charissis S.Charissis at victorchang.edu.au
Thu Mar 1 21:26:32 EST 2012

Hi Sebastien,

Thank you for your recommendations.
I have already been through all those resources and I was not able to extract very much useful information from them. The the 'trace' suggestion seems promising. I can't quite get it to do what I want, but I'm sure it'll prove useful in the future.

This is what using the trace gave me:
try: paraview.simple
except: from paraview.simple import *
paraview.simple._DisableFirstRenderCameraReset()

a3dResults_vtu = XMLUnstructuredGridReader( FileName=['/home/stefano/workspace/TestSimulations/3dpropagation/output/vtk_output/3dResults.vtu'] )
a3dResults_vtu.PointArrayStatus = ['V_000000', 'V_000001', 'V_000002', 'V_000003', 'V_000004', 'V_000005']

# From here, I don't even know how to do what I want to do manually
# At this point if I am in Paraview and I hit 'Animate' then it will animate V_00000 only. But, in fact, V_000000 is timestep 0 of V, V_000001 is timestep 1 of V, etc...
# So I essentially want it to either interpret the arrays as such or output a series of vtu files which I can then hopefully open 'together' (output*.vtu) and animate that...?

Also. I would still like to know where I can look up the functionality of, for example, paraview.simple, for the future.

Stefano