[Paraview] question about color mapping

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Jun 28 16:37:51 EDT 2012

The rescale automatically behaviour is good for emphasizing relative
differences within a single image.

However it is bad for showing absolute values. In the example I gave
before, if you see the two images side by side, you naturally assume
that red areas in both pictures are similar when they are not. So if
you stick with the default, or better yet specify your own range, you
always know what each color means.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer