[Paraview] Plugin StringVectorProperty Array - string length display issue

Alex Rattner Alex.Rattner at gatech.edu
Wed Jun 27 12:09:53 EDT 2012

Hi all,

In a paraview plugin I am developing, I have a StringVectorProperty
ArraySelection item in the GUI. The xml for this item is below. When the
Get ArrayName function (GetFeatureFXArrayName) returns a char array of
26 characters or fewer, the display is fine. However, when the name is
27 chars or longer, it shows up blank in the selection window. Is there
a way to increase the maximum name length (hopefully just an xml property).

Thank you,
Alex

<StringVectorProperty
     name="FeatureFXArrayInfo"
     information_only="1"
     label="Feature Effects">
<ArraySelectionInformationHelper attribute_name="FeatureFX"/>
</StringVectorProperty>

<StringVectorProperty
     name="FeatureFXStatus"
     command="SetFeatureFXStatus"
     number_of_elements="1"
     repeat_command="1"
     immediate_update="1"
     number_of_elements_per_command="2"
     element_types="2 0"
     information_property="FeatureFXArrayInfo"
     animateable="1">
<ArraySelectionDomain name="array_list">
<RequiredProperties>
<Property name="FeatureFXArrayInfo"
             function="ArrayList"/>
</RequiredProperties>