[Paraview] Animating Streamlines

RVA Developer rvadeveloper at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 09:40:21 EDT 2012

Hello,

Is there any way to animate streamlines natively in ParaView? I have been
"playing" with the software for a little while and see no apparent way of
doing this (i.e. trying particle tracer, etc.). Furthermore, I have
successfully done this by creating a filter which generates artificial
timesteps, but this solution does not seem to be a very good one. If there
is no way to do this natively in ParaView, are there options that ParaView
supports which could allow me to do this without artificial timestep
generation?

It may also be important to note that I am already working with temporal
data sets to begin with so I would need to isolate the current timestep for
any native solution (I already know how to do this in a custom filter if
needed) .

Regards,
Dennis McWherter