[Paraview] Manually writing time based data to (.vtu)

Dray, Colan Colan.Dray at alcoa.com
Thu Jun 14 10:07:18 EDT 2012

Dear all,

        I am trying to manually create a VTK XML UnstructuredGrid that contains time varying data for each point. What would help me the most is an example file that contains this sort of information; it does not need to be in the UnstructuredGrid format. If someone could point me to such a file, that would be great!

The overall goal is to load this file into ParaView, and have each time step automatically recognized. It is not a problem to have multiple files (one for each time step), but I would very much prefer that the geometry is only saved once, due to its size.

Thanks for your help,
-Colan