[Paraview] trouble compiling paraviewweb

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Tue Jun 12 08:10:34 EDT 2012

Hi Stuart,

the issue is related to the fact that ParaView master is using the latest
VTK that break some backward compatibility. To solve the issue, you have
two choices.

1) Either update ParaViewWeb from its repository so it could work with
ParaView/master.

2) Downgrade the ParaView that is used to use the latest release 3.14.1.

I would recommend to do the following: (start again from scratch)

mkdir code-pvweb
cd code-pvweb
git clone http://paraview.org/ParaViewWeb.git src
cd src
git checkout -b use-release pv-3.14.1
cd ..
mkdir build
cd build
ccmake ../src/SuperBuild

[configure cmake...]

make -j9
make install

Normally you should be able to go through now. The only known bug is
related to some invalid path in the install directory were we end up having
a directory /bin/bin/ and /lib/lib/... You just need to fix those
duplicated names manually. (When I'll find the time, I'll fixed that)

Seb