[Paraview] ParaView Plugin .xml how to

Tuan Ha Tran tuan-ha.tran at insa-lyon.fr
Thu Jun 7 10:45:22 EDT 2012

Hi everybody,
    I have another question, I hope that you can help me.
    So, my class vtkOtsuSphereSource has an attribute name "OpThreshold" of type double.
    I want to Set it value using ParaView.
    I followed an tutorial from which I can get my job done by adding some tab in my .xml file. the tutorial I told is in the IEEE Vis 09 conference.

    So, to set OpThreshold, I added the followed tab :
   <DoubleVectorProperty name="OpThreshold"  command="SetOpThreshold" number_of_elements ="1" default_values="0">
   </DoubleVectorProperty>
    And normaly, I can entre a value in a box in ParaView GUI. but I have a Core Dump, here is what I have as error :

paraview: /home/thtran/PV/ParaView/src/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/vtkSIProxy.cxx:453: virtual bool vtkSIProxy::ReadXMLProperty(vtkPVXMLElement*): Assertion `!name.empty() && this->GetSIProperty(name.c_str()) == __null' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
          I think that I don't get the .xml written as expected but I don't have any idea where is the problem.
    Please help me. It is really important for me to get through this.

    My .xml is as followed :

   <ServerManagerConfiguration>
  <ProxyGroup name="filters">
   <SourceProxy name="OtsuSphereSource" class="vtkOtsuSphereSource" label="Otsu Sphere Source">

     <Documentation
        long_help="Ce filtre calcule a partir dune image donnee le meilleur seuil"
        short_help="Calcule meilleur seuil">
     </Documentation>

     <InputProperty
        name="Input"
        command="SetInputConnection">
           <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
             <Group name="sources"/>
             <Group name="filters"/>
           </ProxyGroupDomain>
           <DataTypeDomain name="input_type">
             <DataType value="vtkImageData"/>
           </DataTypeDomain>
      </InputProperty>
      <DoubleVectorProperty name="OpThreshold"  command="SetOpThreshold" number_of_elements ="1" default_values="0">
      </DoubleVectorProperty>
      <DoubleVectorProperty name = "OpThreshold" command="GetOpThreshold" number_of_elements = "1" default_values="0" information_only="1">
      </DoubleVectorProperty>

   </SourceProxy>
  </ProxyGroup>
</ServerManagerConfiguration>