[Paraview] Cmake complaint with git clone of ParaView

Bill Sherman shermanw at indiana.edu
Wed Jun 6 09:29:09 EDT 2012

> After git clone, you need a 'git submodule update --init', or you can
> 'git clone --recursive':
>
> http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Git/Download

Thanks David, I'm sure that's the problem.

Unfortunately, my git reports that it doesn't have the "submodule" option.
Which surprises me, since I litterally compiled a brand new version
of git last night:
	% git --version
	git version 1.7.11-rc1

And unfortunately, the "--recursive" option makes use of the "submodule"
option, so it too complains:
	git: 'submodule' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.

I'd guess that I did something wrong in building git, but the build
process was pretty basic.  But I'll go back and see what I did wrong
there (or go to a machine that already has git installed, download
ParaView there, and then copy it back to the machine I want it on -- which
has RedHat Enterprise Linux on it, and no git in the respository!).

> David

	Thanks for the tip,
	Bill