[Paraview] histogram on single row for point data

Brad Eric Hollister behollis at soe.ucsc.edu
Tue Jun 5 13:48:19 EDT 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to select a single row in the spread sheet view so that one can perform a histogram filter on it?

Specifically, I have a structured grid. I have multiple data arrays associated with each point in the grid. I want to find the distribution / histogram of a single point in the grid across all data arrays of the same type. Each point is a row of data in the spread sheet view and each column corresponds to each data array.

My filter sequence:

structured 3d grid -> slice -> histogram

Where the desired point is selected in the 3D view from the slice and shown as a highlighted row in the spread sheet view.

However, the histogram that I get in the bar chart view bins all samples from the slice and not just the values from the data arrays associated with the point.

Regards