[Paraview] How to gegt back a cell selection?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Jun 1 13:33:38 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Fred Fred <stan1313 at hotmail.fr> wrote:
<snip>
> First solution: I select it and look in the IntegrateVariable table display
> the cell id: the problem here is I have to browse hundreds of pages to find
> the selected cell and indeed the cell seems to be highlighted only if it
> lies in the current page displayed, so anyway it is not satisfying for large
> dataset.

The icon to the right of the Precision entry box limits the
spreadsheet view to only show the selected cells/points.

> Second solution: would it be possible to extract the cell id directly, ie to
> have it displayed so as to be able to copy it into the parameter of the next
> class?

View->Selection Inspector, scroll down, choose cell Label tab and turn
on Visibility

> Third - ideal - solution: to have the selected cell if copied directly into
> the parameter value of the next class.

That would be useful, the Plot Selection Over Time filter follows that
model  for starters. Please submit a feature request on the
bugtracker.

In the meantime, I should point out that since 3.14, you can finally
cut and paste Qt rendered text.