[Paraview] VRPN Setup

Nikhil Shetty nikhil.shetty at kitware.com
Tue Jul 24 06:17:07 EDT 2012

Hi Sean,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Sean Delaney <sdelaney at cp.dias.ie> wrote:

> Dear Nikhil,
>
> Success! I believe I have the configuration right. Now I just need to add
> a wand.

Awesome. Let me know if you run into trouble.

By the way, I may have found a bug / feature. It seems like I have to
> specify the eye separation value in mm, even though I have transformed my
> tracker units to metres in the state file. Perhaps this is another mistake
> in my configuration though. Please let me know if that's the case.

Yes you have indeed found an issue. The eye separation is usually a
constant in whatever coordinate system you have at the end. However I am
not sure if we should explicitly state this is the documentation of apply
the transformation before saving it. The eye separation value does not use
the transformation but from a users perspective would a user expect the
transformation to be applied or not. I'd like to know your thoughts on this.

-Nikhil

Thanks very much for all your help