[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Contour geometry by scalar value (e.g. pressure)

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Jan 31 08:37:45 EST 2012

I guess that depends on how the scalar field is defined.  The append attributes filter combines the fields of data sets that have identical topology.  Since you report that fails, I assume that they have different topology.

So now I assume that the field is some volume of data in which the surface is embedded.  (I can't think of another situation that makes sense.)  In that case, try the "Resample With Dataset" filter.  Set the scalar field as "Input" and the surface geometry as "Source."

-Ken