[Paraview] graphics card for paraview

Nadir Raimondo raimondo at ismb.it
Tue Jan 24 03:12:11 EST 2012

Dear all,

I encountered a problem when I tried to enable the GPU volume mapper for
a volume representation. Paraview 3.10 displayed the alert:
"vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper (0xa170ec8): Rendering failed because
the following OpenGL extensions are required but not supported: ". I
resolved the problem updating my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 2400) drivers.

Given that I have to setup a brand new computer (including a new graphic
card) with Paraview 3.10, could you suggest me a graphic card which
already support the above mentioned feature (GPU volume mapper)?
Any other significant suggestions?

Best regards,
Nadir