[Paraview] Paraview Development installation

Bruno Santos bruno.santos at bluecape.com.pt
Sun Jan 1 08:31:37 EST 2012

Dear Utkarsh,

If by any chance you guys reach the conclusion that it currently isn't
sustainable to provide said development binaries, I humbly request that
you guys at least provide the "seeds" for rebuilding the respective
binaries, namely ParaView and Open-MPI. This way anyone can rebuild these
projects from near scratch, but with the same settings you've used for the
release versions.

If I'm not mistaken, the "seeds" should include the following information
and data for each installer/package that is released (for example, for
Windows one set for 32bit and another set for 64bit):
 * A README file with the OS and Compiler information and the package
versions of ParaView, Open-MPI and possibly Qt. If any other third-party
package is also included, then please indicate said version as well.
 * The "CMakeCache.txt" files for ParaView and Open-MPI, as well as any
other similar file that might be necessary. Feel free to search-n-replace
any sensitive data that might be in these files, such as user and machine
names.

If at least these "seed" files are made available to the public, it'll be
easier to create ready-to-be-used plugins for ParaView.