[Paraview] PV 3.14 Linux crashes when trying to open a file

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Fri Feb 24 09:11:24 EST 2012

Utkarsh Ayachit a écrit :
>> For me, the state files from PV312 are almost compatible with PV 314: when
>> opening an earlier version state file, PV 314 just proposes to create an
>> additional view that may be canceled and I  recover the full saved state.
>> Maybe this is due to the new "Layout" feature ?
>>

> That shouldn't affect it. I remember ensuring that the layout xmls are
> compatible.
> Can you share a state file to reproduce this issue? I'd like to have
> it addressed.
>
> Utkarsh

Utkarsh, the state files that I used cannot be shared because they
concern confidential data and the datasets are heavy. Is the state file
alone without dataset useful for you ?
But I could also try to build a small pvsm test file with test data with
PV 312 and see what happens when reading with PV 314, and I will send it
on next Monday.

In fact, it's not really important (for me) if PV 314 proposes to create
an additional view as you can cancel it.

More annoying is another problem that I discovered with one of my PV 312
pvsm state files with heavy data sets : PV 314 crashed after selecting
the state file while loading the data!  I don't know if the crash occurs
when PV 314 is trying to create an additional view. But the state file
is for a complex pipeline that should produce a 3D view from full CFD
data with some surface grids and field cuts in surface mode and some
surface grids in surface LIC mode, and two spreadsheet views that show
the data in SurfaceFlow objects. I discovered that PV 314 could read a
modified state file that was saved by PV 312 after having deleted the
two spreadsheet views, and I could create again these two spreadsheet
views within PV 314. If the full state file without dataset is useful
for you I will sent it on next Monday.

Best regards.

--
 Richard GRENON