[Paraview] Compiling Plugins for the Binary Release

Oliver Behm oliverbehm at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:50:21 EST 2012

Hello,

I am currently trying to compile a rather simple reader plugin so that
it works with the binary release (Linux, 64 Bit, 3.12).

To this end I compiled the paraview sources with the SuperBuild function,
which seams to have worked just fine. But when I compile any plugins
using this build the resulting library is linked against libpng 1.5 from the
SuperBuild folder as well as libpng 1.2 from the system paths.

Since we don't have libpng 1.5 installed globally it would be very nice
if I could prevent the plugin from linking it? Is that possible?

I don't really see how this library can be necessary since the binary
distribution of paraview does not require it either and I certainly don't
do anything with my reader that the standard readers don't do too.

Aside from that is there anyway I can easily influence the search paths
that are compiled into the library? I'd like to set them to the location
of that libraries that ship with the binary distribution instead of my
local SuperBuild.

Best regards
Oliver Behm