[Paraview] troubles with pipeline asynchronous update

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Feb 16 02:33:49 EST 2012

Nadir,

sorry I missed this message so didn't reply.

TcpNotificationSocket is a QTcpSocket?

 From the code, it seems that it is used only to send a signal to a slot to execute the pipeline update in the paraview gui thread (in fact, the socket is closed immediatly).
Is this correct or is the socket used for "real" client/server communications?
<

you can ignore this, I just snipped a piece of our code, it is actually a message we received from 'somewhere else' to say that new data is ready and it is time for an update.

the important part is

Is it possible to use something similar for sending the signal from a thread using Qt::BlockingQueuedConnection?
<
exactly. If you are going to update the pipeline, you have to do it on the same thread that the paraview gui uses, so from any other thread of your own, you send a message to the main paraview thread and from there you actually call updatepipeline etc.

JB