[Paraview] Animating Silo Files

DJ Ortley djortley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 14:42:26 EST 2012

Hello,

I work on a CFD code where we recently created a tool to generate silo
files from our hydro dumps.  I've been trying to animate a sequence of
these silo files but haven't had any success.

If I name the files in a numerical sequence, ParaView loads them as a
group, but I can't seem to get the animation tool to animate through
the sequence of files.

Is this something that's supposed to work but our silo files break
something, or do I need to create an XML filter like the one mentioned
here:
http://paraview.org/Wiki/Animating_legacy_VTK_file_series

Thanks.

-DJ Ortley