[Paraview] Crash on vtr file load

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Tue Feb 7 11:10:44 EST 2012

Maybe - but why doesn't 3.12-RC2 crash at file load?
With 3.12-RC2, I can open a 204 MB file (the file I have uploaded has 29 MB). Paraview will only crash when I start to play around with the clip filter, it then takes some 0.9 GB of memory. With the 29 MB file and one clip filter, I see 424 MB of memory usage in the task manager. When I move the clip plane, the memory usage grows to some 0.8 GB, and Paraview crashes.
But 3.12.0 will crash immediately when I try to load any of the vtr files.

So IMHO memory is at least not the only issue here.

Matthias